Sodium Acetate Ice Melt
Sodium Acetate Ice Melt (NAAC)
Sodium Acetate Ice Melt (NAAC) is a white to gray spherical pellet that is a high performance replacement for other commercially available deicers including chlorides and urea. Sodium Acetate is non-chloride based making it safer for structural steel and reinforcing steel embedded in concrete as well as safer for the environment because it is:
Sodium Acetate Highlights
Sodium Acetate (NAAC) contains no chlorides yet has excellent melting properties. It works faster than urea and sodium chloride and requires less material to achieve similar effectiveness.
NAAC offers these advantages:
- It is exothermic, giving off heat as it dissolves, melting ice faster than common deicers
- It works fast like calcium chloride, without chloride-induced corrosion
- It works longer, requiring fewer applications
- It is easy to apply – applied with the same equipment as urea
- It is safe for the environment, non-persistent, biodegradable
- It is manufactured from pure materials, NAAC does not track like common deicers
How It Works
Sodium Acetate is exothermic, giving off heat as it dissolves, melting ice faster than common deicers. It works like calcium chloride, without the chloride-induced corrosion.
Sodium Acetate has excellent ice melting properties in the form of an Anhydrous pellet that contains 97% active ingredients for high performance. It requires less material than common deicers to achieve similar effectiveness and is active to Active to about 0°F.